Monday, March 7, 2011

Before I eat them...

...I wanted to show you the beauty of today's produce shopping. Aren't they gorgeous?

BTW, the 'leaf bowl' is my own recreation: kraft paper, Sobo glue, wire, paint sponged on in three colors, floral tape, a little copper bronze powder mixed in acrylic polyurethane and a finish coat of sprayed polyurethane.

The 'leaves' are hand-cut from tracings of real maple leaves I found in my neighborhood.

Because the smaller leaves are attached to flexible aluminum wire, the four 'branches' can be adjusted as I please, to sit on the table or on the pedestal stand, where this piece normally resides.

This is one-of-a-kind. I don't know if I would ever make another, as it took the better part of three weeks--lots of 'dry-time'.

By tomorrow, some of this fruit will no longer exist (I'll have eaten it!), so savour this photo while you may.