Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today, in Rogers Park

This lovely front garden resides at 1522 W. Sherwin Avenue, and, of course, it changes dramatically as the seasons do their changing thing. Today, it looked like this:

forsythias, tulips and daffodils! It is always lovely here!

Later, I found these three white tulips. How many of you have ever looked closely at a tulip?

Click to enlarge and just do it!

I vowed that, on my way to Evanston to pay the bill for this internet connection, I would shoot this Christmas wreath again.

Hello, Ald. Joe Moore, and your cronies at Gateway Centre! Christmas was almost FOUR months ago!


But then, I noticed again (though the photo is from Sunday), that Ald. Joe Moore, who is notorious for "posting" in the neighborhood, still has NOT sanctioned the removal of this sign, THOUGH THE VOTES ARE ALREADY IN, COUNTED AND PUBLISHED!

How PROGRESSIVE!


Perhaps Bill Morton, at the Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce, may have something to say about this, but I am afraid he's too busy photographing coffee cups at Charmers!

Clue: Uniting the community, Bill? Ya workin' on that, YET?