Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To, I hope, a friend...

I placed a comment on www.alwaysonwatch2.blogspot.com/2010/07/featured-question-politics.html

It went like this:

As you are Always on Watch, I am merely always watching.

First, let me convey my empathy re: your situation. I experienced something similar with my father back in the late 80s, before the invention of the Internet, which allows us to speak some of our frustrations. I pray for you both. Have patience, and continue to be strong.

I am wondering lately (for the past 30 years!) about this two-party system, especially wondering about the cross-overs which continue to occur.

I feel if one is Liberal, then one should be of the LIBERAL party...and if Conservative, then be of the CONSERVATIVE party, and stop all this nonsense of donkeys and elephants (as so many are half-arsed and others are half-trunked!).

I feel most Americans would like to vote simply--for the candidate of their choice--and not be told they must follow a party-line.

Besides that, neither party IS a party, are they?

They are cruel and crude and so very politically greedy that any of them, Democrat or Republican, would probably stomp on their own parents' graves!