Friday, July 16, 2010

The Extreme Beauty of the Abalone

I may have shown this before, my abalone shell on one of my very apropos abstract backgrounds. Actually, it was my mother's abalone shell, which she acquired in the mid-1950s.

I guess now, it is considered an 'antique'.

I've kept it clean and photographed it a number of times, but never shot the outside until the other day.

What do you think? (Click to enlarge)




The colors inspire me to paint (but it's still too HOT here in Chicago to do it the way I do, as Leonardo did, with layers and layers of glazes, each less than a hair's breadth), so I thought I would give you ALL this benefit, instead of trying to sell it to just one person.

Nature, with all of her vagaries, continues to have no match in Man!

And didn't the Creator really do some marvelous beauty...unlike Man's idea, loaded with pancake make-up, mica glitter and the FALSEST of false eyelashes?