Saturday, January 30, 2010

On a roll today...

Don't think I've ever posted so much on one day, but...just had to show you this.



The tall building is the 'Farcroft', on Fargo Avenue between Sheridan Road and Lake Michigan. Its apartments are empty now, after the magnificent building was purchased by James N. Pritzker. Total rehab will begin soon, I was told.

Here's a shot of the fireplace in the Farcroft lobby.


The entire building is quite a fascinating piece of architecture, and I am certain Mr. Pritzker (et al) will do it justice.

Downtown Evanston is at the center of the horizon.

Just wanted to share this lovely view with you, my few readers, and to thank my Creator for all the blessings bestowed upon me, as three and a half years ago, I was a quarter-inch from death, again.

Though I am no longer being given credit as co-founder (and SEEDER) of Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce, I have no regrets regarding my resignation from that entity.

I have a certain high standard of ethics...the rest of the board apparently does not. Simple as that. In fact, one board member, whom I shall thank so much for the "UNCONDITIONAL LOVE", has resorted to name-calling in my e-mail. Don't ya just love insecurity?

And, the Chamber still owes me over $1,000, for which I shall have to wait a year to be repaid.

In addition, Bill Morton has a more-than-significant personal debt with me...which he continues to ignore.